Roasted Chicken with Red Peppers and Tomatoes
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces. You can learn how to do this from Mark Brittman in his amazing cookbook, How to Cook Everything (and he does mean everything).
olive oil for cooking
2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
1/2 onion, peeled and sliced
3 large cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper, salt, mint, thyme, parsley
5 or 6 tomatoes, sliced and sliced again, or diced
pasta, rice, quinoa, or another grain to serve the chicken with
1) Place the chicken in a roasting pan, cook at 450° for 15 minutes uncovered (put a little olive oil on the bottom of the pan to help with sticking).
2) While the chicken is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cook the red peppers, onions and garlic until tender. Probably 7-10 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and spices. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the herbs are blended. Probably about 10 minutes.
3) Carefully add the vegetables to the chicken in the oven.
4) Carefully cover the pan with a lid or foil.
5) Cook for an additional 25 minutes.
6) While that is cooking, make your grain of choice.
7) When your chicken is done, serve over rice, quinoa, pasta, or other grain.