On Halloween night two of my friends carved pumpkins and saved me the meat. I made a yummy pumpkin bread and this soup. While the slow cooker is going your house is going to smell like fall.
Pumpkin meat from one pumpkin (about 4-6 cups on average)
3-4 medium sweet potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
Enough water to cover your ingredients
1.5-2 cups of milk
1) Combine pumpkin, sweet potatoes, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and water in the slow cooker. Cook 10 hours on the low setting.
2) Add milk (cook 30 minutes more or go straight to step three)
3) Puree in the blender, serve and enjoy
Dave and I have been enjoying some local deer sausage my cousin gave me that she and my uncle made.
We made this really easy dinner, which you could make from any sausage.
-sausage, sliced after cooking or before if buying precooked
-cooked lentils (takes about twenty minutes to make)
-cook sausage if buying uncooked sausage
-sautee leeks in olive oil, added mushrooms when leeks are tender
– add sausage to pan to warm and then add cooked lentils.
-add whatever seasoning you wish the last ten minutes of cooking.
Serve on a bed of rice or with quinoa. Enjoy!
1 pound of carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
3-4 medium sized sweet potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger
4 tablespoons of Nutiva’s Coconut Manna or Tropical Traditions’ Coconut Cream Concentrate.
1 box of Chicken Stock, plus enough water to cover the rest of the ingredients
1 teaspoon of salt
1.5-2 cups of milk
1) Combine everything together except the milk. Let it cook on low for 8-10 hours or u until tender.
2) Add the milk (you can choose to cook for thirty minutes more or just add the milk and go straight to the next step).
3) Blend the ingredients
4) Serve, you may choose to top with coconut flakes if you wish.